- hear the word "discharge" without wincing.
- stop retorting sarcastically, "Oh, is that your medical opinion?" when my husband says something dumb.
- learn what the hell a [insert dinner time medical subject of the day] is.
- stop teasing my husband for finishing half a book in a the time it takes me to read five.
- stop complaining about holidays spent apart and embrace the ones we actually get to spend together - who says MLK Jr wouldn't have wanted us to dress up and go out to a fancy dinner in his honor?
- teach at least one person that my husband is not in med school, and he's not going to be a doctor -- he is one. Then, have them actually remember at our next conversation.